Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dana's White Sangria with Concannon Vineyards Chardonnay

I got lucky and found some Concannon Vineyard Chardonnay at my local Winn-Dixie, and it was ON SALE!! That means it's time for Concannon Vineyard white sangria, Dana style. I found a great golden honeydew melon, and some cantaloupe. That's really all you need, but if you want to have some fun, add to it, mango, and star fruit. Not to be overly casual but here's how I do it. 1 large bottle of Concannon Vineyard Chardonnay 1 cup of honeydew melon 1 cup of cantaloupe 1/2 cup of mango 1/2 cup of star fruit Ice 1. Pour your wine into a pitcher with a lid. (The lid matters because sitting out, the wine can take on flavors from the fridge or get a little sour.) 2. add in everything but the ice. 3. Let it sit for a few hours, or even overnight. Strain out the fruit and save for a yummy adult treat later, or throw it out. (sad face) 4. Put some ice in your cup and enjoy! I wish I had pictures, but don't right now. Also, you will see other recipes online that add sugar, or liquor. I am not into super strong drinks or sugar, so if you like it a little sweeter you can add some sugar or agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment